In compliance with David’s Law, Oglesby ISD is now using the Stop!t app to allow students/parents to anonymously report bulling. When an anonymous report is filed, the school will notify the parent of the student being bullied to discuss the problem and the options available.
To report a case of bullying, click on the Stop!t logo and use the code Tigers#01 The app can also be downloaded on your mobile device. Go to your App Store and search for the Stop!t bullying app.
2017 Accountability Rating
TEA just released the new accountability ratings for Texas schools and Oglesby ISD is rated as Met Standard. To view the scores for the four indexes, click here.
District of Innovation Plan
OISD is moving forward with the District of Innovation plan. The plan will allow the district to obtain more flexibility in order to better meet the unique needs of the district, students, and community. The board adopted final plan can be viewed here.
Like Us on Facebook
Oglesby Independent School District now has a Facebook Page!
It is our goal to use Facebook to recognize our student and staff accomplishments! Please note that we will post as often as time allows. Also note, we will not use Facebook for late starts, school closures, or unannounced early release days. You may sign up for District e-notes for those announcements and also follow our local TV/Radio stations. As always, our District website is the best source for current school information. Thank you for following the Tigers and Lady Tigers!
The Oglesby Independent School District will:
- Enable students to become responsible and productive lifelong learners.
- Create and promote an atmosphere of excitement and curiosity about learning for all students through inspiration, exploration, and connection.
- Recognize the importance of high self-esteem and pride in a job well done.
- Produce problem solvers who can deal effectively in the real world.
- Enable students to communicate skillfully and responsibly.
OISD Tax Rate is $1.17 for M&O and $0.00 for I&S (due to the bond indebtedness being paid in full.)